FREE MEMBERS’ SERVICES
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I join? You can join online, over the phone or in person at the gym. If you’re unsure which membership is right for you, you can book a Free Consultation to talk to one of the team about what’s best for you.
- Is there a minimum age? We offer memberships from aged 9 onwards. Anyone under 18 wishing to join needs to have a parent or guardian create their own account (doesn’t need to be a member) and then manage the child’s account for them.
- What are the joining options? You can join on our standard rolling deal, our student or senior deal online paying monthly or annually. You can also join for a one off week.
- Do you offer any other discounts? Yes, we have corporate memberships available if you work locally in Thornbury (minimum of 2 members of staff from any business). We also offer NHS/Blue Light discount. Contact us for more information before joining. Discounts cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Do you offer family discounts? Yes, if more than one adult joins on our standard rolling deal from the same household we can apply a 10% discount both monthly and annually.
- Is there a joining fee? There is no joining fee.
- Am I in a contract? We don’t do contracts. You are free to join and cancel at any time. We just require 30 days written notice to cancel any membership.
- When can I access the gym? We are open 24 hours a day. We aim to staff the gym 7am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-12pm on Weekends and Bank Holidays. There may be times where staff are unavailable during these hours and you will be able to sign yourself in the front door using your mobile access.
- How do I sign in using my mobile access? Full details are sent to you upon joining. If you have any issues with access you can contact us by email, phone or come into reception.
- Can I check out the gym before joining? Yes, you can pop in to see the gym during staffed hours or you can view it virtually from our Matterport.
- I have a disability; can I join The Gym? Yes, we have a stairlift to get to the 1st floor area of the gym. You can discuss your disability and talk to us about what you require assistance with and we can help formulate an appropriate programme for you going forward during a Free Consultation with one of the team.
Managing my Membership
- Can I sign other people in using my membership? No, even if you are sharing your access with someone who has their own paid membership, this is not permitted and may result in both memberships being terminated.
- Can I change my membership type? Yes you can change your membership anytime. You can choose from the online shop or contact us by email, phone or come into reception. You can also switch from paying monthly to annually and vice versa.
- How do I book a class? You can book a class via your online account. Be sure to book in advance as space is limited and places are available on a first come, first served basis.
- How do I get started with a PT? You can book a Free Consultation with one of our trainers to discuss your exercise history and see if it’s the right thing for you.
- How do I book a session with a PT? You can book a PT Session with one of our trainers only once you have created an account.
- Can I restart my old membership? Yes, you can re-join here.
- When will my first payment be taken? Your first payment is as you join and is pro-rata. If you’ve joined on a monthly deal, subsequent payments are taken on the first day of each month thereafter. If you have joined on an annual deal, subsequent payments are taken on the anniversary of your joining date.
- Will my membership fees go up? Occasionally our membership fees may increase. You will be written to in advance of any changes and be given the chance to terminate your membership with the standard 30 days notice.
- What happens if one of my payments fails? If a payment fails, we attempt to recollect it again twice on subsequent days. We will be in contact to help resolve any payment issues you are having free of charge.
Membership Holds and Cancellations
- How do I put my membership on hold? We can place your membership on hold at the discretion of the management. Holds will likely be approved for things like medical issues and for moving away for University for extended periods of time. Holds are not available for things like short term holidays. If you’re not approved for a hold you can cancel your membership with 30 days notice. Come and talk to us and we can find a fair solution. Holds cannot be applied retrospectively.
- How do I cancel my membership? You can cancel your membership with an email. We will take the date of the email as the start of your 30 day notice period and process your cancellation accordingly.
Health and Safety
- What are you doing to keep me safe? All our staff are qualified, first aid trained and DBS checked. Outside of staffed hours we have a 24 hour surveillance system in place and fire detection system. If you have any issues in the gym outside of staffed hours you will need to wait to contact the team or in the case of an emergency you will need to use your phone to contact the emergency services.
Our cleaning team actively monitors the gym and changing rooms daily and deals with any issues as they arise. We provide multiple clean stations around the gym where you can access materials to clean machines before and/or after use.Should you have any concerns over the cleanliness of our equipment or facilities, please speak to a member of staff on site who will happily ensure that any issues are sorted.
- What do I do if I have a complaint? Whilst we hope that there won’t be anything to cause you to complain, we understand that occasionally there might be issues that need to be addressed. Depending on the nature of the complaint, it might be best to raise this directly with the management team on site so that they can discuss, fully understand and look to resolve any issues you might have.
Alternatively, you can email us to initiate the process. The gym manager will be in touch with you to help resolve your issue.